Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blogging Finale

This class has helped me in many ways, especially in increasing my understanding of international diversity. The diverseness of OSU was one key reason for my attendance, and our class was as diverse as they come. Our class is a culmination of nationalities and that has opened my eyes tremendously. Through reading our blog posts weekly and class discuss, I’ve have been introduced to the views of people from diverse backgrounds. I know have knowledge of Asian; German, even Ethiopian views on American issues and just life in general. My classmates have shared facts about their homelands with me and showed me that the American way is not the only way. Max shared how he feels Germany has a stronger social system, and with his explanation behind that theory, I am intrigued to further research Germany’s social system. Shiyun has expressed how he pursuing his education in America will enable him to go back to China and help his community and its people grow. I am richer because of the exposure to these nationalities.
Another way this class has helped me grow is by introducing me to technology. As I have openly admitted, I am not the most technically inclined person in the world. I have found myself better able to navigate websites especially Google and blogger, which I had no experience. Instead of rebelling against technology and getting frustrated when using it, I am now able to slow down and think my way through when using it. Technology still isn’t my best friend, but it is not my worst enemy either.

No comments:

Post a Comment