I feel as if my writing has improved this quarter because I have learned how to incorporate sources to support my claims. In writing that I did in high school I simply stated things that I believed, without any evidence to back it up. I now see how adding sources seems to make your writing more credible.
The first thing I need to change for my ARP is to find a way to move my thesis statement to the beginning of my paper, something I am having difficulty with. Another issue that I have is that I have sentences within my paragraphs that could work as topic sentences, but are just thrown into the paragraph in the wrong spots. I also need to combine sentences to make good topic sentences.
I also would like to use more sources to support my claims. I have a fair amount already, but would like to find different ones to better compliment the primary source.
I am not thrilled with the organization of my paper right now. I think I got comfortable with just sticking my secondary sources in at the end, when I should have combined it with my original draft to make it flow better. I also changed my thesis between the PSA and the SSI and need to change my analysis of the source to better reflect that.
I need to go back to my primary source and take a look at it with my new thesis statement in mind, because I originally did not look at it from that perspective. Looking at it again will help to bring my paper back to supporting my new claim.
No comments:
Post a Comment