This class helped me become a better writer, mostly because I wrote about topics that I could actually relate to and that didn’t seem to just be writing in response to a text and a theme that I was forced to fit my research into. Which gave me a wider spectrum to start with for thought process, because usually my biggest problem use to be starting a paper and now I can write papers that are plenty long enough.
The 3-step process helped and hurt me, but in the end made me a better writer because I can classify myself as a writer better. I’ve always known that I have a bad tendency of taking a good idea and then by the end, end up on a different idea. This was magnified by our 3 submission process where the PSA was really focused and then when I went to the SSI the entire purpose that I wrote for had changed. From my thesis to my claims, it was a lot more formal than the PSA, but the change in argument was a much weaker argument. After I finally realized it, even though I knew that it changed, for some reason I didn’t truly grasp it. But when I got that Ah-Ha moment I feel like I’ve finally passed the wall that held me back as a writer throughout all of high school. I always hated English and it was always my worst subject and this quarter, ironically it’s one of my best subjects.
No comments:
Post a Comment