My ARP topic fits perfectly, I mean it involves beer. I can play that in a variety of ways to develop it into a Commonplace Essay. The problem that I’m going to have with the commonplace essay is going to be like the ARP where I couldn’t decide exactly which direction to go. I could take the topic of beer in writing for a public audience of couple of different ways. To support the drinking age, to use colleges around the nation as an example as to why the drinking age should be lowered or to just talk about the same topic and talk about how beer and other forms of alcohol have affected our society.
After I finish reading more of the commonplace essays I feel like I will have a better understanding of the best direction to go with my topic. Because right now, I have a lot of possible ideas, but not all of them may end up lining up with the key points of most commonplace essays.
I’m going to go against something against the ‘social norm’. Because that seems to be the more timely kind of subject. The ‘Real Men of Genius’ campaign will definitely help make it unique. As long as commonplace doesn’t ban certain topics related to age appropriate themes (namely sex, drugs and violence) then I should be fine. Beer isn’t as hardcore as these other substitutes. After I pick my essay I want to read through commonplace of manual to ensure that it fits well.
No comments:
Post a Comment