For my Commonplace essay, I think I am going to stick with my idea of how country music relates to class, but twist it a little bit to make it more appealing to my peers. I realize that not everyone is a big country music fan and some would not have even heard of the artists I would talk about. Because of this, I think that I need to expand my writing to talk about other artists, not just country artists. I will discuss how different songs that we listen to make us feel a certain way about where we are from or where our peers are from. Many different songs on the radio appeal to a certain class. For example, some rap music tries to appeal to members of the lower class by talking about coming from bad neighborhoods.
This essay will be relevant to my audience because everyone, no matter their nationality or age, listens to music every once in a while. Music is a universal concept that everyone will relate to. I think that many people will find it interesting that there is class warfare going on in the songs that we listen to. I think that most people are oblivious to this concept and would find it interesting that the music they listen to may appeal to them because of the class that they are in. I think that my peers would be interested to hear about class because it is something that everyone can relate to.
No comments:
Post a Comment